Peeled Garlic pearls - 20 nos
Redchillies - 5-6 nos
Tamarind - little
Salt - As required
Gingelly/Sesame oil - 2-3 table spoons
Mustard seeds - 1 tea spoon
Urad dal - 1 tea spoon
Asafoetida powder - a pinch
- Grind the garlic and tamarind in a mixie jar for few seconds. Use a small jar, if possible. The paste has to be smooth. Sprinkle little water. Grind again.
- Now add the red chillies and salt to this paste in the mixie jar and grind. When you check the consistency, it has to be smooth and the color should be red.
- Empty this chutney into a container.
- Now, in a small seasoning pan, heat sesame oil. To the hot oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal and Asafoetida powder. When they sizzle, switch off the stove and pour this hot oil mix on the chutney in the container. The oil can coat the whole of the chutney.
- Mix everything together with with a spoon.
Try a spoon of this chutney (you can add some sesame oil now) with innocent looking white idlies or with the crispy dosas.