|MLLA-60 (Designed by Susan)|
Just like the routine of checking the blog, I do have the habit of cooking legumes (in addition to the regular dals) in my kitchen. What I combo! So, I decided to cook and send in the entries to Nupur.
I would like to send this: Mixed-legume sundal. Nilgiris Supermarket sells this packet of assorted legumes. It is an easy way to bring variety to the regular sundal of green peas or chick peas. This pack has a mix of brown, white and green chick peas along with soya beans, rajma and some other legumes as well. A peek into the contents of the pack:
- Soak a handful of the legumes in water for around 7 hours.
- Pressure cook the legumes with little salt and pinch of turmeric for up to five whistles.
- Once the steam is released, transfer the cooked legumes to a container.
- In a separate pan, add some oil, heat it and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and dry-red chillies. Once done, add the cooked legumes.
- Keep sauting for few minutes, switch off the stove, and then sprinkle grated coconut or hand-pounded pottu kadalai (roasted gram dhal).
|Roasted gram dhal (pottu kadalai)|
Enjoy the sundal with evening tea!